You are aware by now in my prior blogs I am a big fan of Fiber. In fact, this is probably the most important thing I do for my health every day.
All of the Tortillas you buy at the grocery store ae not created equal. Some are loaded with fat even when they promote whole grains! I think whole grains are important but that descriptor is thrown around a lot and people are assuming that’s all they need to look at. It’s a lot like the word “all natural” vs organic, two very different things.
I eat this meal a few times a week.
Here is the skinny on my low fat, low sugar, and HIGH fiber tortillas
- 2 low carb, low fat, low sugar/ high fiber Tortillas
- Pinto and black beans drained and mashed/ (chicken or fish can be added)
- Salsa ( read the labels)..this is a key ingredient as it adds a nice spice.
- spinach ) fresh and organic)
- a dollop of non-fat Yogurt (plain)
- Heat up the beans and the meat
- Place this mixture in the tortilla
- top off with fresh ingredients.
The benefits are huge with this meal. First, it is filling but more importantly, it is a fiber delivery system! I think this will become one of your go-to meals. It is easy to keep these items in your house as the shelf life is long.
Sometimes I’ll buy the fancy beans that are already blended and packaged that I can get in most health food stores. But it isn’t necessary. My blender or a fork work just as well.
3 grams of fat
15 G fiber
1 g sugar
Let me know what you think of this meal!