Egg Nog is a tough one this time of year. It is such a yummy part of the holidays but how is it possible for this program? It certainly doesn’t follow any of “The Rules” Well I think you will like this recipe and you can treat yourself!
- 1 egg
- Your milk of choice (You can use cow’s milk, almond, coconut, or even rice milk), enough to fill your glass or mug Make sure the fat content is less than 2.0 grams per serving
- A dash of nutmeg or vanilla
- One Splenda
- One scoop of whey protein powder (optional)
- Put the egg, milk, Splenda or Stevia, and whey protein powder (if using) in a mug or glass. Add a dash of vanilla or nutmeg.
- Use a hand blender to blend the mixture until frothy. Consume immediately.
This recipe makes one serving.
I always try to get as much fiber as possible in the morning. This Post brand cereal fits the bill. Very low fat and no sugar plus 8 grams of fiber! When I add Blueberries it ups the fiber considerably.
So please don’t skip this important piece of the puzzle!
Why do I care so much about Fiber anyway?
- Blood sugar control
- Heart Health
- Stroke risk reduction
- Weight loss and management
- Skin Health
- Therapeutic for diverticulitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gallstones and Kidney stones risk is reduced
So drop and give me 40!!!! 40 grams a day that is.
No Alcohol( High in sugar)
No soda/ only lemon water and lots of it!
No foods that have over 2 gm of fat per serving
No foods that have over 5 grams of sugar per serving
40 grams of Fiber every 24 hrs.
All food is organic if possible